Improvements over the original GcodeSender:
- Duration timer while sending a file.
- Pause / Resume while sending a file.
- Table view linking the GRBL response to each command as run.
- Cross platform - use the same GUI application on OSX / Windows / Linux.
- Faster - tracks GRBL's internal buffer to send multiple commands at a time.
- G-code utility features:
- Truncate decimal point precision to a configurable amount
- Remove whitespace
- Remove comments
- Override speed rates
- Arc to line conversion
- More features planned.
Installation and configuration
More information on the Universal-G-Code-Sender project home page on Github.
Patched version to trim 70, rather than 50 lines: https://github.com/kbradsha/Universal-G-Code-Sender (or just change the setting in the preferences)
Startup options to change memory and garbage collection: http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7051&p=55613
Universal G-code Sender synch at each M8 or M9 command.
Sends a G20 or G21 when jogging in the appropriate unit --- if using files with a different measure than one uses to jog, one must include the appropriate unit designation command (which is good working practice).