Your privacy is important to Project Shapeoko. This document provides an overview about the information that Shapeoko collects, and how Shapeoko uses that information.
This document was created by looking at other website privacy policies, and modifying their content to fit Shapeoko's views and beliefs.
Personal Information Collected
Shapeoko may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- We collect information about your use of this website through google analytics. Information collected includes: pages you have visited, the duration you are on those pages, what links you click on, and what files you download, type of operating system you are using, type of browser you are using, type of internet connection you are using (DSL, Cable, Fiber,etc), your internet provider, approximation of geographic information, and many other details. For more information about Google analytics, and what type of information it collects, please refer to this wikipedia entry.
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website include: your name (real or alias), your email address, your date of birth, and other optional profile information.
- Cookies are used on this site to help with persistant logins.
Sales information collected
There are no sales transacted through www.shapeoko.com. For sales made through shop.shapeoko.com, please see their respective privacy statements
Using your personal information
- Plain and simple: We will not share your information with anyone outside www.shapeoko.com. Ever. Period. End of story. People who sell email addresses suck, and we [Shapeoko] do not want to suck.
- Your information (email address) may be used to contact you through notification systems setup within the forum or the wiki. Both of these systems have ways to unsubscribe from notifications. If help is needed in unsubscribing, please post a question in the forum.
- Your information (email address) may be used to contact you directly with 'marketing' information related to Project Shapeoko. These will be in the form of emails containing information that we [Shapeoko] feel are of interest to our community members [you]. Marketing types of emails will have a simple, straight forward way to unsubscribe from future marketing emails.
- Shapeoko may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights. Your information could very well be stolen by the NSA or some other government group that has overstepped its bounds.
Securing your personal information
Shapeoko will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration.
Updating this statement
Shapeoko may update this statement by posting a new version on the website. You should check back occassionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website has links to other website. Shapeoko is not responsible for their practices or privacy policies.