Why doesn't my completed job look like the Simulation?

Talk about all things CNC

Why doesn't my completed job look like the Simulation?

Postby Foothill » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:09 pm

Newbie here. I have run a few jobs just getting my feet wet and I ran one this morning that I designed in CC. I have attached the .C2D and .NC files.

It's 2 cutouts with 2 grooves running down the length of each. Its runs, starting with the with the grooves. The CNC runs the first groove and the first pass on the 2nd groove. It keeps running the whole program, but after the first plunge on the 2nd groove the z axis stops plunging down? I ran it twice and it did the same thing both times. The grooves are all one tool path, so I don't understand why it plunges the first few times and then stops and never plunges again for the whole program, even though it runs through the whole thing?

Also, the simulation shows all of the cuts being made?

Can anyone explain this to me? THANKS!
Attachments
CNCBOX211x14.nc
(20.37 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Foothill

Re: Why doesn't my completed job look like the Simulation?

Postby Foothill » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:12 pm

Well, this forum doesn't allow a c2d extension? Seems strange for a Shapeoko forum.
Foothill

Postby WillAdams » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:55 pm

This forum existed a long while before Carbide Create was added --- you can either zip the file (maybe, can't recall if .zip is allowed), or rename it to .txt

Seems to preview okay.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (251.02 KiB) Viewed 67 times

Send the file in to support@carbide3d.com and we'll do our best to help.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/Makita RT0701 Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Elaire precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)
WillAdams

Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Postby Foothill » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:09 am

Thanks Will! The Camotics is very helpful. Although now I'm even more confused. I though there was probably something wrong with my design, but that is exactly how it is supposed to run. I will send the files to the support address.

Thanks again!
Foothill

Return to Discussion