GrblGru = Free 3D-Simulation for ShapeOko2

Re: GrblGru = Free 3D-Simulation for ShapeOko2

Postby GrblGru » Sun May 20, 2018 6:43 pm

Sorry about my late response, but I was on vacation last week.

I hope you can work well with the laser version. Please let me know if something should not work.
Maybe you can send me an example of pocket milling that didn't work. Then I can try to find the problem.

An example of engraving tabs with lines would also be helpful. :)
My workflow: Only a 2D-editor and GrblGru, that's it
Free download from my dropbox: bit.ly/2xF1KJ8_GrblGru_Release
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4_AHk ... 61ZW4qBHWA
GrblGru

Postby GrblGru » Thu May 24, 2018 6:28 pm

I read in the CNCzone forum that someone found a way to run GrblGru on Linux. :)
https://www.cnczone.com/forums/uncatego ... um-10.html

Maybe this is also interesting for some Linux users in this forum ?

The following was the message from Junior2016:
I got GrblGru running on Linux Mint with the following procedure:

start up PlayOnLinux (POL)
start the wizards to Install an Unsupported Application
use wine version 3.7
install corefonts
install the dotnet45 library (this took some time and I a lot of fiddling but is the key step as GrblGru does not run on the default mono dot net libraries)
download and extract the GrblGru exe and select it as the app to install on POL
create the shortcuts and run

Have fun with GrblGru
GrblGru

Postby GrblGru » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Release notes V V3.28.0

Lately I've been approached on 5-axis machines.
Although I know that there are still a few construction sites open in my 2D program, I was tempted to take my first steps in the direction of 5 axes.
For this purpose, I have added a rotary and a swivel axis to the 3D model of my machine on a trial basis.
Of course, the functionality is still very limited. Corresponding CAM functionality will also be a long time in coming.
But, you can already move all 5 axes of the model manually and simple G-code is already processed by the interpreter.
The whole thing is suitable for thinking about 5-axis technology and its complexity.

For all those who are interested in this topic, I have put a small guide for importing own 3D-models on my dropbox.
bit.ly/2suKAJe_Import3D_gb
Suggestions and ideas for design a practical and cost-effective 5-axis machine for the hobby area are most welcome.

As a suitable controller I have chosen an Arduino Due (approx. 50 Euro) with the operating system g2core.
My controller and motors are not yet connected, but the data exchange with g2core looks very promising.

In the attached video I once recorded my current status on this topic.

Please note the NEW address for download: bit.ly/2xF1KJ8_GrblGru_Release
I've changed a lot. Therefore you have to answer the question about deleting the folder with 'YES' during the installation, so that a complete reinstallation takes place.

Have fun with GrblGru

GrblGru

Postby Jony_Silver » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:29 pm

Hello!

I'm trying to translate the GRBLGru program into Russian.
Mostly translated, much like. I use it with Arduino Due and firmware from TinyG2. Firmware GRBL V1.1F with Arduino Mega 2560 R3 why does this issue an error. If the NC layer is not turned off during machining, the tool path is not visible. If you turn it off, it's visible. But after disabling and re-enabling the NC layer, it no longer becomes visible. If I put the color of the desktop
top and bottom as Black, then after reboot it again becomes Gray.
Not a problem, but it bothers to change every time, and how to make the default setting in Black is not clear. There is also a clone GRBL on STM32F103C8T6. It works on GCV V3.6.1 normally, but it does not work with GRBLGru.
I will try to make a full translation, but it seems the program is not yet optimized and will be further developed.
The only program under which managed to launch Arduino Due with TinyG2
was JCNC V1.0.3 from JTronic, but it was started as TinyG, not TinyG2 and until the end of the G-Code it could not be paused or stopped with the Stop button. DRO panel worked, the trajectory was drawn.
But there was one trick before running JCNC V1.0.3 with
Arduino Due, it was necessary to launch Arduino Due with for example.
Only when the board was detected in the GCV V3.6.1 program, it
after that it was launched in JCNC after exit of course from GCV V3.6.1.
Without this procedure, it was not possible to launch this board on JCNC.
I noticed by chance that when the program did not go to JCNC, I ran GCV V3.6.1
to see if the port and board are recognized. But it turned out that after that the program is launched in JCNC. There is an update to JCNC, I downloaded it, but could not start, it swears on QT5. But the language barrier makes it difficult to understand what files are needed and why the QT5core.dll error comes out?
Now access to JTronic is closed.
I really liked the EstlCAM program, but it turned out that it is tied not only to the hardware, but even to the operating system. After reinstalling Windows, the license key stopped working. I had to ask for a new Off-Line key.
But recently got a virus advertising and destroyed OSes, the key does not work after you reinstall again, and request a new one does not want.
If the functions of EstlCAM were in GRBLGru, I would have passed on to it with pleasure. The screen is big, just for old people like me.
Translated into Russian, I am ready to take an active part. )
The author gave me the license for EstlCAM for translating his program into Russian for free. But problems with binding to hardware and software are scared away, although the program works with its optimized firmware for Arduino Mega 2560 R3, it works very well, but Arduino Due and Arduino Mega with the layout for standard hardware RAMPS V1.4 do not want the author, only Arduino Mega with the configuration of EstlCAM not matching the layout of the terminals with RAMPS V1.4.
Will there be new versions of the program after GRBLGru V3.28? And when do they have to wait?
With best wishes from Russia, Jony Silver!
Jony_Silver

Postby GrblGru » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Thank you for your feedback on the problem with displaying the NC layer. I'll fix the error in the next version.

Of course I would be happy if you would make the translation available to the Russian GrblGru users. I would like to include them in the next version.

I agree with you. Estlcam is a very good professional program and I can only recommend it. However, there are some striking differences to GrblGru, some of which you have already mentioned. But there are also a number of other programs dealing with CNC. Try them all and choose the one you like best.

I only develop GrblGru in my spare time and because I enjoy programming. I believe that a good program will never finish completely, and therefore there will still be many new versions in future. :)
GrblGru

Postby Jony_Silver » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:40 pm

I did not fully translate into 100%. Some lines had to be taken from the English version, because in MyLanguages ​​they were not.
I am ready to give you my transfer without any restrictions and completely free of charge, as I use your program for free too
and I am very grateful to you for it. But I do not know where and how to send the transfer files.
My mail: Jony_Silver@mail.ru If you tell me your mail, I will send the transfer files to this address.
I am glad that the project has not stopped, I can help you with all that I can be useful in terms of translation. Language barriers divide people,
Joint work unites and allows you to overcome barriers.
With respect and best wishes from Russia, Jony Silver
Jony_Silver

Postby swisscheese » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Can anyone advise why I can't run the simulator on following file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ArQ...ew?usp=sharing
Using GrblGru V3.28.1
I'm getting a lot of unhandled exceptions.
Also my workpiece shows partly off the workarea - how can I move it onto the workarea?
swisscheese

Postby GrblGru » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:00 pm

@Jony_Silver
That's great ! I sent you an email to discuss the details.

@swisscheese
Im sorry, but I can't read your file. Maybe you can attach it to your post, if you rename it to the extention ".txt"
GrblGru

Postby Jony_Silver » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Perhaps you need to open the NC file not through the root menu to open the file, and through the sub-menu - Open NC file.
I, in this case, too, had a lot of unworkable exceptions. And if you open it correctly, everything works fine.

Best Regards from Russia, Jony Silver
Jony_Silver

Postby swisscheese » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 am

Another problem I am having is that a U shaped slot of .220 width is missed. My endmill is .187. It seems GrblGru is not offsetting by diam/2 or something. How can I fix this?
swisscheese

PreviousNext

Return to Software - CAD, CAM, Workflow Help