1 day quickstart training available? - Ohio

1 day quickstart training available? - Ohio

Postby Mathey » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Hello, I hope this is the right area to post this.

I am completely new to CNC and Fusion 360. I would be interested in taking a 1 day quickstart course where I would be able to do 3 projects that should be relatively easy for someone with experience.
1) Vacuum table - set up and cut parts.
2) Cut a board to dimensions to hold aluminum stock approximately 1/32 x 2 x 3.5 inches.
3) Cut a design through the aluminum stock on the board created in #2 and also engrave a logo onto it. (Bit change)

I am willing to travel up to 3 hours from Akron, Ohio for a quick start that would cover these topics. I believe that I would like to use Fusion 360 and Carbide Motion. Depending on the pricing structure of the training, I would have 2 to 3 additional quick starts that I would like to cover at a future time. If there is anyone in the area who is interested in doing some 'hand holding' to get me started, I would appreciate it. Would prefer 1 on 1 training.

Thanks and if interested, please send me a message or reply.
-Doug
Mathey

Re: 1 day quickstart training available? - Ohio

Postby Dan_the_Chemist » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Mathey wrote:I am completely new to CNC and Fusion 360. I would be interested in taking a 1 day quickstart course...
-Doug

Learning to fly a Cessna was easy compared to learning Fusion 360 ... and I know that after a 1 day quickstart course I wouldn't have been able to land that puppy... (more than once). :roll: I have a love/hate relationship with Fusion. It's my program of choice right now, but it kicks my butt. I used to teach system management for <really big company>, and it was easier to learn how to manage 18,000 computers running all flavors of Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and Server Software than it is to learn Fusion. Pencil in a huge block of time on your calendar and order a big box of valium ...

I live down around Athens area, right at your 3 hour drive limit. I'm not an expert in either CNC or Fusion, but I am capable of doing those three projects in Fusion and realizing them on my SO3. We could start by having you watch some introductory YouTubes about Fusion, and then we could teleconference with Teamviewer to go through the design stages. Once we have the projects designed you can come down and we could do them on the SO3 together. My pricing is simple - buy dinner for me and the missus. You bring your own router bits and stock material. You'll probably also want to get a motel since we are right at the driving limit.

If you want, I can print up a nice certificate once you finish. :)
Dan_the_Chemist

Postby Mathey » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Thanks! I'll send you a message with my contact info.
Mathey

Postby acp » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Dan,

I likely helped develop some of those tools that you used in your career, and agree with your assessment.

I am new to the world of CNC, but am having a blast with my Shapeoko, but Fusion 360 is kicking my tail,
that is part of the fun... I too would be interested in a one day session with my and my missus or as us hams
say, XYL. Been awhile since Ive been to Athens but had a lot of friends that went to OU.

Have an amazing Day.

73 es God Bless,

Art / K0ACP
acp

Postby iamlaura88 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:11 am

I am also completely new to CNC and Fusion 360. I love to take some training to let my skills improve.
choosing a makeup artist perth course for your future.
iamlaura88

Return to Software - CAD, CAM, Workflow Help