heekscnc on ubuntu

heekscnc on ubuntu

Postby fito » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Has anyone here managed to compile heekscnc on ubuntu?

I've tried several different scripts and directions I've dound online but none work for me. If you've managed it, can you post your procedure?
Adolfo Cortés
ShapeOko 649
fito

Re: heekscnc on ubuntu

Postby alpha » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:11 pm

I used Linux Mint 13 with Mate to compile on 64 bit and 32 bit system - I had more issues on 64 bit. What exact Ubuntu version do you have?
Do you use the version from Google (SVN )or Github (Git)?
alpha

Postby fito » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm using 12.04 lts. I cloned the source frpm git hub aswell as all the dependencies. cmake gives error over OPENCASCADE and missing excecutables. I've followed several methods including one from the ubuntu forums to no luck. There's even a script for Ubuntu on git hub but it just returns cmake errors.
Adolfo Cortés
ShapeOko 649
fito

Postby alpha » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:37 pm

I found that I had to install all the OpenCASCADE CAE packages and not the OpenCASCADE Community Edition CAE - just use synaptic package manager and make sure to select the right ones. Please let me know if this fixed it.
alpha

Postby fito » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:35 pm

The only package that I could find that wasn't the oce version was the opencascade-draw 6.5 and that did not help at all.

I've managed to edit the cmake script to move further along but now I seem to be stuck because I can't seem to find file : OCE-libraries.cmake

I do think that heeks is trying to use the community version as the scripts keep looking for 'OCE', wich I belive stands for Opencascade Community Edition

Thanks for the suggestion, if anything it encouraged me to keep trying to figure this out.

Now if I can just figure out where the include file OCE-libraries.cmake is I could keep going.
Adolfo Cortés
ShapeOko 649
fito

Postby alpha » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:36 am

I found this file here:
/usr/lib/oce-0.8.0/OCE-libraries.cmake
But this is on my other PC (64bit) were I have all the liboce* (community edition) installed... the other PC was a 32bit VM. Just try to switch over to the community edition and try again, I do remember getting errors too, but I didn't change much on the cmake files. I only did a ccmake and configured it.

try this:
sudo apt-get install liboce-.*1
alpha

Postby alpha » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:19 am

Btw, if you just want to try it out here are the deb packages I created:
http://alpharesearch.de/?p=209
alpha

Postby fito » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:56 pm

Tried all of it and and I am barely any farther in process. Your heekscad package errors out saying TKBRep not found.

At this point it seems that the lib fules are not where cmake expecrs them to be. Ill just use my Vista machine in the living room and be done with it.

Thanks for all the help alpha.
Adolfo Cortés
ShapeOko 649
fito

Postby fito » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:46 am

Just a quick update -

managed to get cmake to finish error free.

Hooray

Now make package is failling - can't seem to find the includes.

Making progress, slowly, but gettimg there. Although, I'm sure it is a question of a simple command or two to make everything they seem to be eluding me at the moment.
Adolfo Cortés
ShapeOko 649
fito

Postby alpha » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:40 pm

As far as I know you don't need to install it to run it; just go in the bin folder and type ./heekscad (but you will not see the icons). Go to file->plugins and point to heekscnc library and restart the program. I'm not sure, but you many be able to copy the icons in the bin folder.

Or you could try a Linux Mint 13 (Mate/32bit) VM with my software selection (see attachment) and the 386 package files...
Attachments
software_selection_markus-virtual-machine@2012-09-27-1025-package.list.zip
(5.32 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
alpha

Next

Return to CAM Help