Assembly step 12
Bill of Material
|1||1||Front/Back Panel||Front/Back Panel (see above diagram)|
|2||1||Assm 8||Assembly from Step 8|
|3||1||Assm 11||Assembly from Step 11|
|4||5||SM-H07||M5 x 10mm SHCS|
|5||5||SM-H03||M5 Flat Washer|
User Submitted Notes
(This is the section to add your own notes pertaining to this sub-assembly) If you run into a problem or find yourself asking a question, please post the solution here to help the next person who has the same problem/question)
STEPS FOR SQUARING UP THE FRAME:
The following steps are assuming that the front plate is attached to the makerslide, screws still loose.
1. Slide the gantry back and fourth a couple of times to even out the rails and get everything roughly lined up. It may still feel stiff when sliding, but you can adjust that later.
2. Slide the gantry to the back plate. Both V-wheels should be touching or at least be the same distance from the back plate. Carefully snug up the four screws on the back plate.
3. Gently slide the gantry to the front plate. Both V-wheels should be touching or at least be the same distance from the front plate. Carefully snug up the four screws on the front plate.
4. Slide the gantry back and fourth a couple times to see if anything is askew. *Note: It may be tough to move your gantry, almost like it is binding, this is fine as you'll adjust that in the next set of steps.
STEPS FOR SILKY SMOOTH MOTION:
1. Loosen the four V-Wheels that are mounted with the eccentric nuts. You should notice some slight play once loosened.
2. Slide the gantry back and fourth. It should feel like it is gliding freely and smoothly. Remember how this feels as this is what we are striving to reach.
3. Taking one V-Wheel at a time, adjust the eccentric nut and fully tighten it. Slide the gantry back and fourth, is it still how it felt from step 2? If yes, then move on to step 4. If no, then repeat this step until you achieve smooth, gliding motion.
4. Repeat step 3 until all V-Wheels are properly adjusted.
--PLHS54 17:23, 27 June 2012 (CDT)