3D Printing Mach3
Upgrade Name: Mach3 Driven 3D Printer
Created by: User:deejayspinz
Captured to Wiki by: User:jrsteensen
Description: A 3D Printer Upgrade that uses Mach3 as GCode Sender, to allow for rapid conversion from mill/router to 3D Printer.
- No additional hardware stack, other than some minor additional components.
- Uses same CNC Controller, such as the 4 or 5 axis TB6560 based controllers for Mach3.
- Fully functional and wired ShapeOko using a Mach3 compatable controller, with at least one axis free for extruder stepper.
- gnexLab Extruder Controller (2 thermistor type) - $59.00 
- MBE Extruder v9 - Single w/ NEMA 17 stepper - $49.00 
- Silicone Rubber Heater Bed 300mm x 300mm (12"x12") - $59.99 
- Simple additional bracketry for extruder mount to Z axis - (DESIGN TBD)
- Simple additional bracketry for heat bed to bed - (DESIGN TBD)
- Klapton tape (Various manufacturers)
- 12" x 12" Glass Sheet for Bed Surface (Various manufacturers)
- Dedicated 12V 20A power supply for heated bed ($40 for Chinese PSU, Various Manufacturers)
- Licensed copy of Mach3
- Mach3 Addon with modified Slic3r included - $Free 
Total Cost: Approximately $207.99 USD
Discussion in the forum at the bottom of page 1 of thread.
Further Discussion and Other Designs
- Shapeoko build qualities for 3d printing
- Printing in G-code
- It prints!
- My MBE Extruder Build Log (was Eye candy...)
- Seeking advice on a simple inexpensive 3d printer "spindle" --- discussion of extruders
- eShapeOko based design
- ShapeOko CNC router/3d Printer WordPress blog
See also RepStrapOko.